… or is it just showing off its fanciness to the other nine toes?
I went to the annual Marching Band’s Big Beach Bash and Silent Auction Friday night, held at an indoor beach volleyball facility. (Yes, I know! How cool is THAT!!) And this is how my pinky toe looked Saturday.
Guess how I hurt it?
To make it easier for you, here are some activities I engaged in, in no particular order, nor with any length of time ascribed ””
– double-dipping the guacamole
– watching beach volleyball close to the strike zone
– bidding on auction items, two of which I won in last minute flurries of untoward bidding behavior, including but not limited to pushing away other bidders, sitting on the bid sheets, stealing pens and otherwise demeaning myself and the entire auction process
– laughing in that long and loud way that I do, throwing my head back and gesturing wildly
– listening to and telling silly band stories from years past
– hugging folks I may not see till next band season
– walking to my car in the snow and ice, wearing only swimsuit, shorts and sandals (Don’t judge me. It WAS a beach party in February, for pete’s sake!)
– making fun of people who got carried away by Bidding Fever and overpaid for their items (Not me, of course … $40 for two plastic guns that shoot mini-marshmallows was clearly a STEAL!)
– carrying heaping plates (all my own, of course) of food across the uneven sand to my table – pretending I was The Dancing Queen Young And Sweet Only Seventeen and being Super Freaky … sometimes at the same time
– admonishing my husband not to shoot marshmallows at our friends
– throwing myself whole-heartedly into this event
– telling my favorite joke …. What’s brown and sticky? …. A stick
BTW, marching band parents DO have all the fun, just in case you were wondering, but, as my daughter pointed out, it brings new meaning to the Bash!
Hint: the correct answer involves at least two of the above activities.
Third prize … you buy me a beer next time you see me
Second prize … you never have to see the photo of my feet again
First prize … you can usurp either second or third prize
Winners will be required to post a photo of their feet. (Not really. Posting your feet online is just wack.)