I’ve been hearing a lot about New Year’s Resolutions lately. In fact, I even wrote some of my own.
But recently I was reading the little note from the editor at the beginning of a magazine, and she wrote that she makes a list every January of “Things I’ve Never Done.”
So guess what I did?
Here’s my list of Things I’ve Never Done:
• Poked my eye out with a hanger
• Cleared a HazMat site
• Wore a mink bikini
• Lifted a Volkswagen over my head
• Held my breath till my lungs exploded
But as I re-read my list, it occurred to me that the editor I stole this idea from probably WANTS to do the stuff on her list.
So here’s my revised list of Things I’ve Never Done That I’d LIKE To Do:
• Go an entire day without saying, “Just DO it, okay?? Geez!”
• Eat a block of cheese without one pang of guilt
• Cheerfully clean my house
• Get my house cleaned by cheerful people
• Write a manuscript that doesn’t need revising
• Be a synesthetic tuba player
What’s on your list?