If I told you how many people visit my blog specifically to read about the damage I inflicted on my pinkie toe, you would shout, “YOU LIE!” on the floor of Congress and collect scads of money from my opponents.
So here’s an update.
It’s been almost seven months since it looked like this …
Do know what can happen in seven months?
• A kid can go through Navy boot camp, graduate from Hospital Corps School, and get all settled in Okinawa.
• Whitney Houston can earn some kind of record for not changing out of her pajamas. (It’s unofficial, but I think I might have her beat. She has so little, though, I’ll give her this one.)
• You can serve your term in federal prison for bilking more than $10,000 from a program to help people whose homes were damaged by Hurricane Rita.
• If you’re India, your gold imports can plunge 29% as rising prices cool jewelry demand.
• You can break every single one of your New Year’s Resolutions many times over.
• You can gestate a baboon, several chickens, a tiger, a muskrat, a porcupine, a rhesus monkey, a chinchilla, a kangaroo, a red fox, an opossum, a puma, a parrot, a lion, a tiger AND a bear ….
But your toe would still look like this …
“Why don’t you care about my toe yet?” she whined.