Here is a list of mistakes I made over a two-day period. The ones I could remember, anyway. Thank goodness I have a healthy self-esteem.
1. I had two people scheduled on my Chicks on the Case group blog. One realized she was going to be out of town, so I asked the other scheduled two weeks later if she’d switch. Easy peasy. I made the switch and got it all ready to go. But then on the day it published, I was convinced I’d done it wrong. Spoiler alert: I had done it all correctly. But I scrambled to redo both posts, apologized to my cohorts (who had no idea what I was talking about), then got an email from both authors asking what was going on. So I scrambled to undo the redo and finally got it right. Sheesh.
2. Our electricity went off for longer than a blip so I thought I should call and alert someone. Unfortunately, I called the gas company rather than the electric company. I finally realized it AFTER I jumped through all the phone prompts and finally got to a real person. I thought it was kind of funny. She did not.
3. I forgot my reusable totes for groceries so had to put everything in plastic and my groceries escaped and sailed all around my trunk.
4. I subtracted a deposit in my bank register instead of adding it, and couldn’t figure out for a very long time why my statement wouldn’t balance.
5. I allowed a three-year-old to help me wash the dishes. I knew better, but made a rookie Grandma mistake. Luckily she’s closer to the floor and likes to mop up stuff.
What about you? Got any fun mistakes to share?
4 thoughts on “Mistakes? Who, Me?”
Thanks for this post! Suddenly, I feel a whole lot better about my own week. It’s good to be reminded that being a human can be complicated, and that even the best laid plans can go awry.
And laughing about them is truly the best way to handle them!
Reminds me of years ago my autistic grandson wanted to wash windows, so i gave him the spray and paper towels. Realized 20 minutes later he was quiet. Went to check on him and he was squirting my flat screen tv. When I told his mom she stated, Who’s the adult?? of course I pointed my finger at him! Lucky for me I have a Dad that gets me a TV every other Christmas and I was about do. 🙂
Yoiks! Glad it wasn’t a catastrophe!