Here is a list of mistakes I made over a two-day period. The ones I could remember, anyway. Thank goodness I have a healthy self-esteem.
1. I had two people scheduled on my Chicks on the Case group blog. One realized she was going to be out of town, so I asked the other scheduled two weeks later if she’d switch. Easy peasy. I made the switch and got it all ready to go. But then on the day it published, I was convinced I’d done it wrong. Spoiler alert: I had done it all correctly. But I scrambled to redo both posts, apologized to my cohorts (who had no idea what I was talking about), then got an email from both authors asking what was going on. So I scrambled to undo the redo and finally got it right. Sheesh.
2. Our electricity went off for longer than a blip so I thought I should call and alert someone. Unfortunately, I called the gas company rather than the electric company. I finally realized it AFTER I jumped through all the phone prompts and finally got to a real person. I thought it was kind of funny. She did not.
3. I forgot my reusable totes for groceries so had to put everything in plastic and my groceries escaped and sailed all around my trunk.
4. I subtracted a deposit in my bank register instead of adding it, and couldn’t figure out for a very long time why my statement wouldn’t balance.
5. I allowed a three-year-old to help me wash the dishes. I knew better, but made a rookie Grandma mistake. Luckily she’s closer to the floor and likes to mop up stuff.
What about you? Got any fun mistakes to share?